IT Systems Administrator
Truth For Life (TFL) communicates the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. This evangelistic effort is enabled by various technologies that are supported by the Information Technology Systems Administration role. As a key member of TFL, this position is responsible for providing oversight, design and direction of IT systems and infrastructure, support of TFL employees including Macs and PCs and their rollouts, training and documentation. This position is essential to supporting the mission of the ministry of Truth For Life.
In this role, you will provide general management and oversight of IT infrastructure, with the collaboration and oversight of the IT Manager, both by setting direction for the environment and working with and managing our existing Managed Services Provider (MSP) for any work that they may be doing to support day-to-day needed activities. The includes designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a deployment and management system for our fleet of Macs and coordinating with our MSP on needed management changes for rolling out our fleet of PCs to employees and needed contractors. In addition, you will set and raise the standard of security within the organization by continuing to meet our existing PCI compliance levels and going beyond to implement best practices throughout the organization. You will help support users with basic needs, either directly or indirectly through our MSP and by creating and administering any needed training both for technical needs and for security awareness training. Importantly, you will be critically involved in the implementation of organizational initiatives where new systems and/or processes must be designed, priced and implemented. This position reports to the IT Manager.
- Manage regular communications with our Managed Services Provider (MSP), providing needed direction for resolution of issues and implementation of changes in process or policy for the maintenance of our IT infrastructure, escalating to the IT Manager as needed in case of needed resolution
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking help with an issue on their PC, Mac, mobile device, TFL-provided software or other TFL-specific hardware or services
- Record all open issues, status items and resolution documentation into tickets assigned in help desk solution
- Set the direction of best practices in security by first maintaining the annual needs of PCI compliance internally and through our private cloud environment as well as working through existing gap assessments for security best practices and ensuring proper implementation, rollout and awareness
- Ensure that we advocate for changes in process and procedure with vendors, employees and management on being the best in the Christian non-profit world at privacy and security for our listeners and donors
- Develop and administrator technical training for employees based on gap assessment of skills or in the case of rollout of core software deployments to TFL-managed systems
- Implement and rollout a strategy and implementation for the efficient management of our fleet of Macs using Jamf Pro and our fleet of Macs using the Autodesk agents provided by our MSP for our fleet of PCs
- Design and implement the rollout of proper management and maintenance of BYOM devices for management and key coordinator positions to meet high security standards
- Support key initiatives by TFL annually and 5-year goals by helping to assess new needs both in IT systems, infrastructure and policies/procedures for feasibility, cost and timeline of rollout in coordination with the IT Manager
- Escalate issues or unresolved support requests as needed to the IT Manager
- Document internal IT procedures
- Ensure all systems have an appropriate uptime based on internally defined SLA metrics
- Assist with onboarding of new users and implement an technical on-boarding processes that makes the experience for new employees the simplest and easiest we can make it so that they can begin working right away, providing immediate value to the organization
- Manages small sized projects according to pre-defined budgets and schedules as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Basic Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5 years or greater of relevant technical experience or demonstrated success in a Systems Administration role
- Experience working in and in support of a small- to medium-sized network of servers, desktop systems and communications devices using up-to-date Windows infrastructure components and other standard networking components.
- Experience managing Mac and iOS devices in addition to Windows Server and desktop OS environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows desktop products and familiarity with Windows servers and networks
- Demonstrated working knowledge of network protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Ability to organize and deliver training of basic IT concepts to users.
- Ability to negotiate hardware/software service and technical support needs in conjunction with IT Manager.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate well throughout system outages, procedure changes and upgrades.
- Well-developed verbal and written communications.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered in all situations
- Experience with macOS and other Apple devices is a necessity.
- Experience in scripting for Windows and Mac/iOS devices for system management
- Understanding of large disk arrays and design parameters around backup, DR and recovery
- Understanding of VMs and how they function
- Set strategy and design direction for IT infrastructure based on needed business requirements
- Demonstrate excellence in each task done with an eye towards making the experience for each employee and user simple and easy to understand and respecting their time as valuable members of TFL
Work time, environment and physical demands:
- Evening and weekends work is required on occasion.
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds