Shipping and Customer Service Representative
The mission of this role is to work in conjunction with the Shipping and Fulfillment Coordinator and the Customer Service team to deliver an excellent customer experience. This position is essential to supporting the mission of Truth For Life and its quickly growing needs.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Shipping and Fulfillment Coordinator’s role and covering the position during absences including and not limited to daily processes, inventory management, vendor interaction, and volunteer support. The Shipping and Customer Service Representative will maintain a basic understand of the functioning of the Customer Service Department including using Truth For Life’s ticketing system, correspondence, order entry, front desk procedures, mail batch entry, and phones.
- Frequently moves boxes of books or other product weighing up to 50 pounds around the shipping floor.
- Transports pallets using a pallet jack weighing up to 2,000 pounds off of delivery trucks, onto and off of an elevator, and into storage.
- Break down boxes and other packing materials.
- Must be able to move objects, and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Passion: Wholehearted commitment to the mission of Truth For Life
- Excellence: strong focus on deadlines, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Organization/Planning: Able to independently manage priorities, deadlines, resources, and deliverables for a successful and timely outcome
- Efficiency: Committed to high quality, high producing, Lean operation
- Judgment/Decision Making: Equally considers objective facts and subjective experience/feedback to make the best decision
- Accountability: Willingly held (and holds others) accountable to quality, accuracy, and integrity
- Adaptability: Easily adjusts to new conditions on the fly, and welcomes challenges as opportunities.
- Tenacity : Persistent in maintaining or seeking to meet goals/objectives, determined to overcome obstacles
- Assertiveness: Proactively offers suggestions, opinions, and openly asks questions
- Teamwork: Inspires positive team culture in which individuals rally behind common goals and genuinely appreciate working with one another
- Conflict Management: The practice of recognizing and dealing with disagreement in a rational, balanced and effective way.
- Problem solving: Able to perform quick study and find economical and effective solutions to tactical problems
- Communications: Oral and Written: Speaks and writes in a manner that is clear, professional, friendly, and sincere
- Mathematics: Able to quickly and accurately do basic math calculations to ensure smooth processes and troubleshoot common shipping needs