Graphic Design - Contract, Part Time
This position operates as an independent contractor, under a W-9 agreement. This position is part-time with variable hours dependent upon available projects.
Scope of Work
Support the internal graphic design team at Truth For Life by working on a variety of design projects directed by the ministry’s lead graphic designer. Projects will include the creation and delivery of high-quality digital design files to be used on the Truth For Life website and mobile app, in addition to various social media platforms. Additional projects will include the creation and delivery of print-ready files that will be used to produce letters, booklets, study guides, and other types of print materials. The Contract Graphic Designer will work within the guidelines of Truth For Life’s Brand and Style Guide. All work will be paid an hourly rate to be determined.
Experience and Qualifications
Candidates should have a minimum of five years graphic design experience and be highly proficient at using InDesign and Photoshop.
Assignments may include, but not be limited to, the following:
Web, Station and Mobile App Ads
Design and produce digital ads promoting resources and content available from Truth For Life to be posted on the Truth For Life website, mobile app, social media pages, and radio station websites.
Approximately eight to ten unique ads are produced in various sizes each month, resulting in a monthly ad set of approximately 120 images.
Full monthly ad set due on the 15th of each month
Message of the Month
Design a printed carrier that houses a CD to be mailed to listeners monthly. Each month, the carrier design will change by using a new image and new copy. Create the same design for digital use.
Due on the 8th of each month
3-D Rendered* Book and MOM Carrier Images
Create 3-D images of monthly book selections, and also other books or products being promoted, including book “look inside” pages. *TFL uses render program Boxshots – would train upon hire.
3-D book images and look inside pages due by the 8th of each month.
Following the standard Truth For Life study guide format, select images and create print-ready study guide files, as well as digital downloadable files.
Complete by assigned due date.
Other Projects as Assigned
As mutually agreed upon, complete additional assignments which will be billed at the same hourly rate.
Complete additional assignments by due date.
- Images and design will be consistent and align with ministry brand guidelines.
- All monthly artwork will be delivered on time including revisions.
- All ads will be cropped and resized in a manner that demonstrates design aptitude and skill.
- Adaptability: able to manage changing priorities, juggle numerous assignments, and flex to changing deadlines
- Tenacity: persistent and not easily discouraged
- Teamwork: considers others’ needs above their own, enjoys collaboration
- Creativity: create designs that reflect artistic skill, proper proportions, and a clever approach
- Excellence: strong focus on good aesthetics, quality, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Resourcefulness: able to obtain needed materials/information with little direction, takes initiative to identify opportunities/problems and propose solutions/ideas
- Independence: initiative-taking, requiring little supervision, intrinsically motivated
- Organization/Planning: very strong project management skills, ability to forecast project requirements and consistently meet deadlines