Business Application Developer
Truth For Life’s organizational mission is enabled by various technologies that are supported by the Business Application Developer role. As part of a small internal IT team, this position works to maintain and update existing databases, stored procedures, reports and other internal software systems and infrastructure, support of TFL employees use of said software, and training and documentation. There is specific focus on security, stability, scalability and reportability with all systems. This position reports to the Director of IT and is essential to supporting the mission of the ministry of Truth For Life.
Daily support of donor management system (Studio Enterprise).
Daily up-time of all processes including order and donation imports, reconciliation, donor segmentation, NCOA/CASS, recurring payments, document scanning solution and payment systems.
Extend Studio Enterprise Capabilities
Implement custom workflows to improve operational efficiency, maintain and extend 3CX (phone system) integration, as well as expanding integrations with Hubspot (email marketing), Freshdesk (email support) and Avalara (sales tax) platforms.
Support continued integration with TFL website and iOS/Android mobile app.
Coordinate with web team on implementation of new self-service features and back end processes on the website and ensure interoperability with Studio Enterprise.
Uphold security standards and requirements for donor data.
Work with IT department on completion of Security Gap List and maintenance of security standards including PCI compliance.
Conduct training as necessary on new applications and processes for employees.
Implement sessions for Customer Service, Shipping and other affected employees.
Write and optimize queries used for Studio Enterprise and reporting, and write reports as needed
At minimum one weekly meeting with a department actively working on creating needed reporting.
Meet service level timelines
To be defined in conjunction with the Director of IT for critical and non-critical support items.
Support One Page Strategic Plan priorities
Attend meetings, support project assessments through planning and cost analysis and coordinate with vendors as needed for implementations. Priorities rated individually, per One Page Strategic Plan
Utilize KPI’s to measure performance
Monitor and share KPI’s with team.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking help with an issue on any of our internal services, especially Studio Enterprise (our donor management system), but including mail scanning solutions, Freshdesk for support ticketing, Hubspot integration with Studio Enterprise, Avalara for tax services, UPS Worldship and Endicia for shipping services and more.
- Develop new integrations to help streamline manual processes, including phone system integrations and audio/video export processes and support the implementation of a new metadata system
- Record all open issues, status items and resolution documentation into tickets assigned in help desk solution
- Set the direction of best practices in security by first maintaining the annual needs of PCI compliance internally and through our private cloud environment as well as working through existing gap assessments for security best practices and ensuring proper implementation, rollout and awareness
- Ensure that we advocate for changes in process and procedure with vendors, employees and management on being the best in the Christian non-profit world at privacy and security for our listeners and donors
- Develop and administrator technical training for employees based on gap assessment of skills or in the case of rollout of core software deployments to TFL-managed systems
- Support key initiatives by TFL annually and 5-year goals by helping to assess new needs both in business services and policies/procedures for feasibility, cost and timeline of rollout in coordination with the IT Manager
- Escalate issues or unresolved support requests as needed to the IT Manager
- Document internal IT procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or related field and a strong knowledge of computer programming desired.
- 5 years or greater of relevant technical experience or demonstrated success in an IT Analyst or Application Development role
- Experience working with SQL Server and TSQL, SSIS and SSRS reporting, .NET/C# or other programming languages, demonstrating experience in developing larger-scale services and processes to support enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Some experience in REST API development to bring multiple systems together
- Strong knowledge of networks and server/client architecture
- Experience with source control such as Git.
- Experience: 5+ years or shows strong proficiency in developing for Microsoft SQL Server 2016+
- Experience: 3+ years using Visual Studio or similar IDE for SSIS job or SSRS report development
- Knowledge of Windows desktop products and familiarity with Windows servers and networks
- Creative problem-solver that can see an existing problem and solve it quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to organize and deliver training of basic application needs to users.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks simultaneously, while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate well with users of each of the internal services, to understand what they need and be able to provide insight on new processes/solutions where users are not aware these exist.
- Well-developed verbal and written communications.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered in all situations
- Experience with macOS and other Apple devices is helpful.
Integrity: Steadfast commitment to biblical principles for living and working
Passion: Wholehearted dedication to the mission of Truth For Life
Efficiency: Committed to clean, lean and documented code
Security: A security-first mindset in development of any environment or process
Judgment/Decision Making: Commitment to data-driven decisions with the help of research, user-testing, and experience.
Strategic skills: Establishes a strong testing methodology for any development to ensure success of any project
Independent: Able to manage multiple tasks and effectively meet deadlines without being closely managed
Resourceful: Readily adopts new tools and clever approaches to overcome difficulty
Adaptability: Easily adjusts to new conditions and welcomes challenges as opportunities
Team player: Willingly and reliably works in cooperation with and support of others
Innovative: Introduces new ideas and methods to meet new requirements or changing market demand
Assertiveness: Proactively offers suggestions, opinions, and openly asks questions
Tenacity: Highly persistent in maintaining or seeking to meet goals/objectives, determined to overcome obstacles
- Evening and weekends work is required on occasion.
- On site at our Cleveland location is desired.